Join Our Team
Each role at Rookwood Pottery is vital to our success, and we take pride in our work because our history has built us a strong foundation which we strive to uphold every day. Are you a hands-on, ambitious self-starter who is passionate about their work? We would love to hear from you.
See below for available positions.
JOB TITLE: Director of Sales
REPORTS TO: President & CEO
LOCATION: 1920 Race Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202
ABOUT ROOKWOOD POTTERY
The Rookwood Pottery Company is located in the bustling Over-the-Rhine neighborhood of Cincinnati, Ohio—and it has been for decades. Pioneering artist Maria Longworth-Nichols founded our studio in the Queen City over 130 years ago, building the business and laying the foundation for what Rookwood is today: a world-renowned artisanal ceramics company, operating in the heart of the Ohio River Valley.
From New York’s Grand Central Station to The Louvre in Paris, contemporary boutique hotels to historic homes, Rookwood has truly made its mark on the world in the past three centuries. And now, it’s embarking on the next chapter.
Today, Rookwood continues to build upon its rich heritage, creating the highest-quality pottery and architectural tile in the United States. With a team of just over 70 employees, we’re deeply committed to our mission: cultivating artistic inspiration, giving back to the community, and balancing our rich legacy with forward-thinking momentum—ideas that are central to the Rookwood brand. We take pride in our process, our people and our product, ultimately creating premier pieces with a story—and a one-of-a-kind luxury experience that can only be Rookwood.
As an integral part of our plan for growth, Rookwood Pottery is seeking a Director of Sales to help lead our scaling company and, specifically, expedite the build and launch of a world-class sales team. The right candidate must come with superior experience in the tile industry and an aggressive appetite for expansion and ownership. This position will encompass all elements of sales—from managing and generating demand and leading the art of selling to building the sales department “your way.” We are looking for an action-oriented individual who wants to own and dominate this position with the goal of eclipsing the competition, all the while cultivating a renowned customer experience.
With three retail stores selling our home goods and a factory capable of producing hundreds of thousands of square feet of tile, our growth will be expanding year-over-year. In fact, we’ve already seen the results and we’re hungry for more: in the last three years, our home goods space has expanded by 50%, and our tile industry is being outfitted to scale even faster. Moving forward, our focus is 70% architectural tile and 30% ceramic wares—a strategy in alignment with the growth forecast we see in the American tile space.
- Leading sales efforts, including setting and contributing to goals for the existing team.
- Establishing and scaling a sales force throughout the United States.
- Managing, growing and developing our sales team, while recruiting likeminded individuals.
- Working closely with our Marketing Team to develop targeted sales campaigns.
- Reviewing, modifying and creating sales training and onboarding programs.
- Driving the sales conversations by actively selling and demonstrating a strong example for fellow team members to emulate.
- Implementing best practices as it relates to sales, follow-up, outreach and closing.
- Working closely with Production and Finance to discuss capacity planning, pricing, product and sales opportunities.
- Overseeing CRM utilization, training and management—must be obsessed with data and tracking.
- Conveying commitment to grow our business and become the leading brand in tile across all sales channels, including but not limited to commercial, residential, trade, architects and designers.
- Representing the Rookwood brand and values at all times—both internally and externally—to ensure that we go above and beyond for our customers, our products and our people.
- Past sales leadership experience for another product or architectural brand with a minimum of 5 -10 years of experience.
- Hunger and capacity to build your own clients while supporting your team’s growth.
- Analytical prowess and the proven ability to “measure what matters.”
- Flexibility and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Proven aptitude in new business acquisition and CRM, and the intuition to continuously nurture your network.
- Knowledge of stone, ceramics, architectural tile and related industries.
- Self-starter attitude that doesn’t need hand-holding.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Background in design is a plus.
- Understanding that Rookwood is a drug-free workplace. Please note you must successfully pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen to be considered for this position.
Benefits offered Include: 401k, PTO, medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, LTD, STD, AD and D.
HOW TO APPLY
- To submit your application, contact our team at email@example.com with the subject line “Director of Sales.” Please, no phone calls.
- Click here to download this job description.
Glaze Team Member
Scope of Position:
Glaze team member will be responsible for glazing tile and art pottery forms by employing a variety of methods: spraying, pouring, dipping and antiquing. The ideal candidate will have prior glaze and/or ceramics experience, or the ability to quickly learn and understand how to effectively apply glaze on Rookwood product.
- Follow daily production schedules and meet production goals set by Team Lead and Management
- Glaze tile and art pottery in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain a steady output of productivity by minimizing errors and scrap numbers, while maximizing efficient practices
- Identify glaze and equipment issues and troubleshoot if possible or flag Team Lead and/or Floor Supervisor when necessary
- Follow all safety policies and procedures, including the use of a respirator mask in spray booth
- Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure a quality product is being produced
- Follow glaze adjustment and maintenance practices and procedures, as defined by company protocols
- Assist in maintaining a clean and organized work space by following 5S principles and guidelines
- Spraying experience in a manufacturing and/or ceramic environment preferred
- Excellent hand/eye coordination
- Must be able to on your feet up to 8 hours/day and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Must be proficient in basic computer skills
- Commitment to a safe workplace and all company regulated safety practices
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org