Join Our Team
Each role at Rookwood Pottery is vital to our success, and we take pride in our work because our history has built us a strong foundation which we strive to uphold every day. Are you a hands-on, ambitious self-starter who is passionate about their work? We would love to hear from you.
See below for available positions.
JOB TITLE: Press Team, Operations
CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt ( hourly)
- Entry level
- $13.00 and up
- Based on experience
REPORTS TO: Floor lead, Floor Supervisor, Department Director.
The press team member will support the operational schedule by providing quality products to the department members. To be successful in this position you should be a self-starter and own your responsibility. Your commitment will ensure the success of Rookwood and provide you with greater opportunity based on your commitment.
This position will be working in the Press department in various competencies. This individual will be cross trained in all areas of the department for added value. You will be working with large pieces of mechanical equipment and electronics by setting drying schedules or computerized functions. You must have a fine eye for detail, great awareness and be able to think independently by taking corrective action with operational challenges. You should have good hand eye coordination for repetitive motion when working towards product quality. Personal Protection Equipment is required for this position and must be maintained at all time. PPE will vary from job to job.
- Good work ethic independently and in a team environment
- Follow production protocols and schedules
- Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure a quality product is being produced
- Perform die setups on press machines (requires lifting up to 75 lbs.)
- Operate press machine and cut and clean product
- Operate clay pug machine
- Sand green product to quality standards
- Quality Control functions of product at all stages (wet/dry)
- Perform routine maintenance on all machinery and equipment as directed by Team Lead
- Follow all safety rules and practices to include PPE.
- Participate in all process improvement exercises
- Maintain good housekeeping throughout the facility, assigned areas or not
- Other duties as assigned
- Prefer manufacturing and/or ceramic experience
- Work in a non-climate-controlled environment.
- Ability to recognize problems and flag Team Lead/Supervisors for assistance
- Must be organized, work independently and able to multitask.
- Commitment to a safe work place.
- Ability to communicate verbally and written.
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to take personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be elevated at times and may require earplugs or other PPE related to safety.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, listen, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Good hand eye coordination is a vital skill for this position.
POSITION TYPE/ EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., 40 hours per week. Hours may vary and will be discussed with your supervisor.
- No travel is expected for this position.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 1-2 years of factory-related or equivalent experience preferred.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
- None required for this position.
WORK AUTHORIZATION / SECURITY CLEARANCE (if applicable)
- Nothing currently
AAP /EEO STATEMENT
- Refer to Employee Handbook
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
HOW TO APPLY
- Click here to download this job description.
- Contact by email only, no phone calls please. To apply, click ’email’ button below and submit your resume, or email email@example.com.
JOB TITLE: Director of Sales
REPORTS TO: President & CEO
LOCATION: 1920 Race Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202
ABOUT ROOKWOOD POTTERY
The Rookwood Pottery Company is located in the bustling Over-the-Rhine neighborhood of Cincinnati, Ohio—and it has been for decades. Pioneering artist Maria Longworth-Nichols founded our studio in the Queen City over 130 years ago, building the business and laying the foundation for what Rookwood is today: a world-renowned artisanal ceramics company, operating in the heart of the Ohio River Valley.
From New York’s Grand Central Station to The Louvre in Paris, contemporary boutique hotels to historic homes, Rookwood has truly made its mark on the world in the past three centuries. And now, it’s embarking on the next chapter.
Today, Rookwood continues to build upon its rich heritage, creating the highest-quality pottery and architectural tile in the United States. With a team of just over 70 employees, we’re deeply committed to our mission: cultivating artistic inspiration, giving back to the community, and balancing our rich legacy with forward-thinking momentum—ideas that are central to the Rookwood brand. We take pride in our process, our people and our product, ultimately creating premier pieces with a story—and a one-of-a-kind luxury experience that can only be Rookwood.
As an integral part of our plan for growth, Rookwood Pottery is seeking a Director of Sales to help lead our scaling company and, specifically, expedite the build and launch of a world-class sales team. The right candidate must come with superior experience in the tile industry and an aggressive appetite for expansion and ownership. This position will encompass all elements of sales—from managing and generating demand and leading the art of selling to building the sales department “your way.” We are looking for an action-oriented individual who wants to own and dominate this position with the goal of eclipsing the competition, all the while cultivating a renowned customer experience.
With three retail stores selling our home goods and a factory capable of producing hundreds of thousands of square feet of tile, our growth will be expanding year-over-year. In fact, we’ve already seen the results and we’re hungry for more: in the last three years, our home goods space has expanded by 50%, and our tile industry is being outfitted to scale even faster. Moving forward, our focus is 70% architectural tile and 30% ceramic wares—a strategy in alignment with the growth forecast we see in the American tile space.
- Leading sales efforts, including setting and contributing to goals for the existing team.
- Establishing and scaling a sales force throughout the United States.
- Managing, growing and developing our sales team, while recruiting likeminded individuals.
- Working closely with our Marketing Team to develop targeted sales campaigns.
- Reviewing, modifying and creating sales training and onboarding programs.
- Driving the sales conversations by actively selling and demonstrating a strong example for fellow team members to emulate.
- Implementing best practices as it relates to sales, follow-up, outreach and closing.
- Working closely with Production and Finance to discuss capacity planning, pricing, product and sales opportunities.
- Overseeing CRM utilization, training and management—must be obsessed with data and tracking.
- Conveying commitment to grow our business and become the leading brand in tile across all sales channels, including but not limited to commercial, residential, trade, architects and designers.
- Representing the Rookwood brand and values at all times—both internally and externally—to ensure that we go above and beyond for our customers, our products and our people.
- Past sales leadership experience for another product or architectural brand with a minimum of 5 -10 years of experience.
- Hunger and capacity to build your own clients while supporting your team’s growth.
- Analytical prowess and the proven ability to “measure what matters.”
- Flexibility and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Proven aptitude in new business acquisition and CRM, and the intuition to continuously nurture your network.
- Knowledge of stone, ceramics, architectural tile and related industries.
- Self-starter attitude that doesn’t need hand-holding.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Background in design is a plus.
- Understanding that Rookwood is a drug-free workplace. Please note you must successfully pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen to be considered for this position.
Benefits offered Include: 401k, PTO, medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, LTD, STD, AD and D.
HOW TO APPLY
- To submit your application, contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Director of Sales.” Please, no phone calls.
- Click here to download this job description.