Ceramic Production Team Member APPLY NOW
Rookwood Pottery is a 140-year-old company located in the Over-the-Rhine neighborhood of Cincinnati, Ohio. We are looking for candidates to join our Ceramic Production team who can quickly learn the Rookwood way of making our beautiful, handmade architectural tile and pottery. The ideal candidate will be a team player that can perform various tasks within the facility as part of the ceramic process, making our h products as efficiently and accurately as possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES-you may be assigned to any of the following tasks:
· Create molds and dies for recurring production runs of ceramic product
· Produce quality clay tile, dinnerware and pottery in either of our two forming departments: Press or Slipcasting
· Skillfully and efficiently hand cut pressed tile
· Process raw clay for production using clay pugmills
· Load and unload dry boxes and kilns
· Trim and refine wet clay products
· Pull product from inventory and set up according to work orders
· Assist Glaze department in glazing tile, dinnerware and pottery orders by employing a variety of methods: spraying, pouring, dipping and antiquing
· Pack completed orders and prepare for pick up/delivery
· Work proficiently at quality control of product at all stages
· Other duties as assigned
· Mechanically inclined; Prefer manufacturing and/or ceramic experience. Equipment operation is an integral part of the process, but no experience is required. All necessary training is provided.
· Desire to work in a plant environment and to be hands on
· Visual acuity, hand-eye coordination, and attention to detail
· Must be able to work in a variety of positions, i.e. bending, pushing, pulling, lifting, twisting, standing for an 8-hour shift and lift up to 50lbs.
· Work in a non-climate-controlled environment.
· Ability to recognize problems and flag Team Lead/Supervisors for assistance
· Must be organized and able to multitask.
· Commitment to a safe workplace following ALL safety protocols.
· Excellent communication skills
· Basic computer skills
· Ability to take personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
· High school diploma or equivalent
The ideal candidate will have…
- Ability to be a self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to follow verbal and written instructions in English consistently and accurately
- Demonstrated ability to be reliable and punctual
- Demonstrated ability to enhance a team
- No disciplinary letter in personal file for the last 6 months
- Proven safety record and respect for safety rules
- Demonstrated pursuit of quality, improvement, and pride in craftsmanship
- Demonstrated work ethic and respect for the job
- Willingness to be flexible and accept instruction from team members
Rookwood Pottery is a drug-free workplace. A per-employment background check and drug screen may be required. We are an EEOA Employer. Veterans and minorities are encouraged to apply.
|||OTR Flagship- Downtown Cincinnati, OH|||Production||||||SrwOYUzWq1Hw.__Y|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false