Digital Creative Arts Director APPLY NOW
Rookwood Pottery is looking for a hands-on Digital Creative Arts Director to join our marketing team in Cincinnati. Ideal candidate will be thrilled for the opportunity to design email campaigns, web assets/content, social media assets/ads, and print materials that illustrate the story of a brand with 143 years of incredible history.
We are looking for a creative self-starter who appreciates artistry and heritage and has the skills to bring marketing, product, and brand campaigns to life through creative artistic design and copywriting. Primary responsibility is to conceptualize and execute visually appealing and engaging designs that effectively communicate the brand's message and drive sales of our handcrafted, artisan Pottery and Architectural Tile products.
Design Strategy: Collaborate with the marketing team and stakeholders to understand the brand's objectives, target audience, and overall marketing strategy. Develop a creative design strategy that aligns with these goals. Collaborate with photographer to bring campaign assets to life.
Concept Development: Create innovative and compelling design concepts for digital campaigns, product launches, social media, web, email, ads, and other retail and ecommerce initiatives.
Visual Branding: Ensure consistency in visual branding across all digital channels and platforms. Adhere to the established brand guidelines to create a cohesive and recognizable brand identity.
Storytelling: Utilize your artistic talents to tell and illustrate compelling stories through visual elements and creating emotionally engaging narratives that resonate with target audiences.
Art Direction: Collaborate with photographer on photoshoots and social media assets for retail and tile product campaigns, and ensuring that the visuals are creative and align with the brand's image, appeal to the target audience, and drive conversions.
eCommerce Website Design: Enhance the user experience on digital ecommerce platforms with impactful photos, design, and brand story.
Product Launch: Lead and strategize the creative direction for the launch of new products. Develop all creative assets, such as web landing pages, social media assets, email marketing, and digital ads to drive excitement and engagement around the new product launch.
Trends and Innovation: Stay up to date with industry trends and design innovations in the retail and digital marketing space. Implement new creative techniques and technologies to keep the brand's visual content fresh and engaging.
Email Marketing: Possess in-depth knowledge of Klaviyo, custom email design, as well as a strong understanding of email marketing strategies, audience segmentation, and A/B testing.
A/B Testing and Optimization: Collaborate with marketing to analyze the performance of various digital assets. Use insights from A/B testing to optimize designs and improve conversion rates.
Project Management: Ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget, and meet the desired quality standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Digital Media, Advertising, Creative Marketing or related field.
- Proven experience (5+ years) in a creative, hands-on creative, graphics role, preferably within a digital marketing agency or related industry.
- Digitally savvy with a deep understanding of strong creative.
- Outstanding portfolio showcasing a range of successful digital marketing campaigns.
- Proficiency in design software (Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Klaviyo, Asana, Shopify, social media platforms, and knowledge of multimedia tools.
- Deep understanding of current digital marketing trends, user experience (UX), and interactive design principles.
- Demonstrated ability to create highly effective, custom email designs and compelling email copy.
- Exceptional creative thinking, problem-solving skills, and the ability to conceptualize and communicate ideas effectively.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent leadership and team-building capabilities, fostering a positive and collaborative work environment.
The Rookwood Pottery Company is located in the bustling Over-the-Rhine neighborhood of Cincinnati, Ohio. Rookwood continues to build upon its rich heritage, creating the highest-quality pottery and architectural tile in the United States. Pioneering artist Maria Longworth Storer founded our studio in the Queen City 143 years ago, building the business and laying the foundation for what Rookwood is today: a world-renowned artisanal ceramics company deeply committed to cultivating artistic inspiration, giving back to the community, and balancing our rich legacy with forward-thinking momentum—ideas that are central to the Rookwood brand. We take pride in our process, our people, and our product, ultimately creating premier pieces with a story—and a one-of-a-kind artistic experience that can only be Rookwood.
Please complete the application form and attach your resume and portfolio pieces if you are interested in learning more.
Rookwood Pottery is a drug-free workplace. A per-employment background check and drug screen may be required. We are an EEOA Employer. Veterans and minorities are encouraged to apply.
2023-08-31|||OTR - Downtown Cincinnati, OH|||Marketing||||||TO3XWHtiueYG1mcw|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false|||