Facility Maintenance Supervisor APPLY NOW
Facility Maintenance Supervisor
The Rookwood Pottery Company is located in the bustling Over-the-Rhine neighborhood of Cincinnati, Ohio. Rookwood continues to build upon its rich heritage, creating the highest-quality pottery and architectural tile in the United States. With a team of just over 60 employees, we are deeply committed to our mission: cultivating artistic inspiration, giving back to the community, and balancing our rich legacy with forward-thinking momentum—ideas that are central to the Rookwood brand. We take pride in our process, our people, and our product, ultimately creating premier pieces with a story—and a one-of-a-kind luxury experience that can only be Rookwood.
The Maintenance Technician performs a variety of maintenance and repair functions individually and collaboratively with others at our 40,000 sq ft facility with retail, manufacturing & administrative space. The Maintenance Technician assembles, repairs, and performs preventive maintenance for ceramics manufacturing equipment, performs maintenance and repairs on our building, maintains and improves worker environments, and conducts general cleanup and organization. The position requires proficiency in the maintenance of mechanical systems, electrical control systems, pneumatic and gas fired equipment systems.
· Facilities Maintenance
· Machinery Maintenance
· Maintain building and grounds to meet high standards of safety, appearance and function
· Projects related to improving environments for production workers and retail staff
· Organize and maintain common areas
· Perform regularly scheduled maintenance on all building equipment
· Maintains production equipment and ensures highest possible uptime and lowest cost of operation achieved from all facility equipment in support of production lines
· Work with Retail and Design staff on event setup, which may include working at heights, moving heavy objects and fabrication of support materials
· Monitor and assist staff during events
Qualifications and Experience
· Minimum of two years of experience
· Proficiency in machine mechanics, electrical motor controls, pneumatic controls, hydraulic controls, basic plumbing, and various fabrication techniques
· Excellent understanding of safety principles and strong safety track record
· Able to work independently and proactively identify maintenance needs and execute repairs
· Pursue quality, improvement, and pride in craftsmanship
· Follow instructions consistently and accurately
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Forklift and Scissor Lift Certification
· Team and customer orientation
Physical Requirements (Medium to Heavy)
· The ability to transport furniture, supplies, and other materials (up to 50 lbs. at a time).
· Other activities, including climbing, balancing, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, repetitive motion, grasping, and feeling.
Work Environment/ Hours / Compensation
This position is a full-time, non-exempt role that is on-site at our Over-the-Rhine Facility & Showroom. The hours for this position are 8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday through Friday. This position pays between $19 - $24 an hour based on experience. This role reports to the Facilities Administrator.
We are committed to your health and well-being. Rookwood offers a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees that includes a choice of medical plan, dental, vision and life and works very hard to keep employee costs low for excellent coverage. We pick up the costs for coverage in Long-Term Disability, Short-term Disability and Life Insurance. Retirement through a 401K is also available. We offer a generous time off allocation, and of course a healthy discount on Rookwood Pottery products.
Proud Equal Opportunity Employer
At Rookwood, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it. Rookwood is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce at all job levels. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be considered for this position, please email your resume and a cover letter that speaks directly to the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Rookwood Pottery is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you for your interest!
|||OTR Flagship- Downtown Cincinnati, OH|||Facilties||||||Ku-3tIsBXbZU1yAW|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false