Glaze Team Member APPLY NOW
Glaze Team Member
The Rookwood Pottery Company is located in the bustling Over-the-Rhine neighborhood of Cincinnati, Ohio. Rookwood continues to build upon its rich heritage, creating the highest-quality pottery and architectural tile in the United States. With a team of just over 60 employees, we are deeply committed to our mission: cultivating artistic inspiration, giving back to the community, and balancing our rich legacy with forward-thinking momentum—ideas that are central to the Rookwood brand. We take pride in our process, our people, and our product, ultimately creating premier pieces with a story—and a one-of-a-kind luxury experience that can only be Rookwood.
Rookwood production is about working as a team to produce our handmade tile and pottery product efficiently and accurately and to complete all customer job orders as quickly as possible.
Glaze team members are responsible for glazing all tile, pottery, and dinnerware forms by employing a variety of methods: spraying, pouring, dipping, and antiquing. The ideal candidate will have prior glaze, air pressure spray equipment and/or ceramics experience, or the ability to quickly learn and understand how to effectively apply glaze on Rookwood product.
• Follow daily production schedules and meet production goals set by Team Lead and Management
• Glaze tile, pottery, and dinnerware in an accurate and in time for due date.
• Preforming daily essential tasks, like mixing and sieving glaze, daily upkeep of spray booth and gun; cleaning dinnerware and pottery forms consistently; checking glaze levels.
• Being up to date of glaze base and spray weight changes as they arise
• Become familiar with different ceramic forms; able to identify relief tiles
• Able to understand and use the “glaze bible” when necessary
• Maintain a steady output of productivity by minimizing errors and scrap numbers, while maximizing efficient practices
• Identify glaze and equipment issues and troubleshoot if possible or flag Team Lead and/or Floor Supervisor when necessary
• Identify paperwork and set-up issues and troubleshoot if possible or flag Team Lead and/or Floor Supervisor when necessary
• Follow all safety policies and procedures, including the use of a respirator mask in spray booth
• Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure a quality product is being produced
• Follow glaze adjustment and maintenance practices and procedures, as defined by company protocols
• Assist in maintaining a clean and organized workspace by following 5S principles and guidelines
• Actively participate in cross-training outside the glaze department
• Spraying experience in a manufacturing and/or ceramic environment preferred
• Excellent hand/eye coordination
• Must be able to on your feet up to 8 hours/day and lift up to 50 lbs.
• Frequent bending over and reaching above your head
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
• Must be detail oriented and take responsibility for quality and timeliness of work
• Practice correct safety practices always
• Ensure all customer and stock orders are completed and delivered on or before due date
• Follow all company and department-specific PPE requirements
• Adhere to all Rookwood policies and procedures outlined in company handbook and addendums
• Must be proficient in basic computer skills
• Commitment to a safe workplace and all company regulated safety practices
• Prior use of power drills and mixing equipment
• Able/ willing to work weekends if necessary
Our ideal team member will have…
- Ability to be a self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to follow verbal and written instructions in English consistently and accurately
- Demonstrated ability to be reliable and punctual
- Demonstrated ability to enhance a team
- No disciplinary letter in personal file for the last 6 months
- Proven safety record and respect for safety rules
- Demonstrated pursuit of quality, improvement, and pride in craftsmanship
- Demonstrated work ethic and respect for the job
- Willingness to be flexible and accept instruction from team members
Rookwood is a drug-free workplace. You must successfully pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen to be considered for this position.
Rookwood is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|||OTR Flagship- Downtown Cincinnati, OH|||Glaze||||||E~GPhAZaxTealYiu|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false