Press Team, Operations APPLY NOW
CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt ( hourly)
$13.00 and up
Based on experience
REPORTS TO: Floor lead, Floor Supervisor, Department Director.
The press team member will support the operational schedule by providing quality products to the department members. To be successful in this position you should be a self-starter and own your responsibility. Your commitment will ensure the success of Rookwood and provide you with greater opportunity based on your commitment.
This position will be working in the Press department in various competencies. This individual will be cross trained in all areas of the department for added value. You will be working with large pieces of mechanical equipment and electronics by setting drying schedules or computerized functions. You must have a fine eye for detail, great awareness and be able to think independently by taking corrective action with operational challenges. You should have good hand eye coordination for repetitive motion when working towards product quality. Personal Protection Equipment is required for this position and must be maintained at all time. PPE will vary from job to job.
- Good work ethic independently and in a team environment
- Follow production protocols and schedules
- Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure a quality product is being produced
- Perform die setups on press machines (requires lifting up to 75 lbs.)
- Operate press machine and cut and clean product
- Operate clay pug machine
- Sand green product to quality standards
- Quality Control functions of product at all stages (wet/dry)
- Perform routine maintenance on all machinery and equipment as directed by Team Lead
- Follow all safety rules and practices to include PPE.
- Participate in all process improvement exercises
- Maintain good housekeeping throughout the facility, assigned areas or not
- Other duties as assigned
- Prefer manufacturing and/or ceramic experience
- Work in a non-climate-controlled environment.
- Ability to recognize problems and flag Team Lead/Supervisors for assistance
- Must be organized, work independently and able to multitask.
- Commitment to a safe work place.
- Ability to communicate verbally and written.
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to take personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- High school diploma or equivalent
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be elevated at times and may require earplugs or other PPE related to safety.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, listen, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Good hand eye coordination is a vital skill for this position.
POSITION TYPE/ EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., 40 hours per week. Hours may vary and will be discussed with your supervisor.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education And Experience
High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Education And Experience
1-2 years of factory-related or equivalent experience preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
WORK AUTHORIZATION / SECURITY CLEARANCE (if applicable)
AAP /EEO STATEMENT
Refer to Employee Handbook
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.||||||||||||rhKjUs_-vyqmyikm|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false