Production – Ceramic Tile Press Team Member APPLY NOW
Ceramic Tile Production Team Member
Rookwood Pottery is a 140-year-old company located in the Over-the-Rhine neighborhood of Cincinnati, Ohio. We are looking for a person to join our Ceramic Tile Production team who can quickly learn the Rookwood way of making our beautiful, handmade architectural tile. Tile production is about working as a team to produce our handmade tile product efficiently and accurately and to complete all customer job orders as quickly as possible.
- Follow production protocols and schedules following department Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure a quality product is being produced
- Perform die setups on press machines
- Produce quality clay tile and dinnerware with press machines
- Skillfully and efficiently hand cut pressed tile
- Process raw clay for production using clay pugmills
- Produce quality clay tile using a flying tile cutter
- Load and unload dry box
- Trim and refine wet clay products
- QC product at all stages (wet/dry)
- Flag and help trouble shoot errors on press, pug mill, tile cutter and dry box with Team Lead.
- Perform routine maintenance on all equipment as directed by Team Lead
- Practices correct safety practices
- Participate in all process improvement exercises
- Maintain good housekeeping in the department
- Other duties as assigned
- Mechanically inclined; Prefer manufacturing and/or ceramic experience. Equipment operation is an integral part of the process, but no experience is required. All necessary training is provided.
- Woodworking and/or building skills preferred
- Desire to work in a plant environment and to be hands on
- Visual acuity, hand-eye coordination, and attention to detail
- Agile and coordinated; Must be able to work in a variety of positions, i.e. bending, pushing, pulling, lifting, twisting, standing for an 8-hour shift and lift up to 50lbs.
- Frequent bending over and reaching above your head.
- Work in a non-climate-controlled environment.
- Ability to recognize problems and flag Team Lead/Supervisors for assistance
- Must be organized and able to multitask.
- Commitment to a safe workplace following ALL safety protocols.
- Excellent communication both verbally and written
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to take personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- High school diploma or equivalent
The ideal candidate will have…
- Ability to be a self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to follow verbal and written instructions in English consistently and accurately
- Demonstrated ability to be reliable and punctual
- Demonstrated ability to enhance a team
- No disciplinary letter in personal file for the last 6 months
- Proven safety record and respect for safety rules
- Demonstrated pursuit of quality, improvement, and pride in craftsmanship
- Demonstrated work ethic and respect for the job
- Willingness to be flexible and accept instruction from team members
Rookwood Pottery is a drug-free workplace. A per-employment background check and drug screen may be required. We are an EEOA Employer. Veterans and minorities are encouraged to apply.||||||||||||NBzJmSVSzdxLogg~|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false