Retail Sales Lead (Full-Time) APPLY NOW
JOB TITLE: Retail Sales Lead- OTR Flagship
REPORTS TO: Retail Store Manager
HOME STORE: OTR Flagship, 1920 Race Street, Cincinnati, OH
ABOUT ROOKWOOD POTTERY
The Rookwood Pottery Company (corporate office and Race Retail Showroom) is located in the bustling Over-the-Rhine neighborhood of Cincinnati, Ohio—and it has been for decades. Pioneering artist Maria Longworth-Nichols founded our studio in the Queen City over 130 years ago, building the business and laying the foundation for what Rookwood is today: a world-renowned artisanal ceramics company, operating in the heart of the Ohio River Valley.
From New York’s Grand Central Station to The Louvre in Paris, contemporary boutique hotels to historic homes, Rookwood has truly made its mark on the world in the past three centuries. And now, it is embarking on the next chapter.
Today, Rookwood continues to build upon its rich heritage, creating the highest-quality pottery and architectural tile in the United States. With a team of just over 70 employees, we are deeply committed to our mission: cultivating artistic inspiration, giving back to the community, and balancing our rich legacy with forward-thinking momentum—ideas that are central to the Rookwood brand. We take pride in our process, our people, and our product, ultimately creating premier pieces with a story—and a one-of-a-kind luxury experience that can only be Rookwood.
The Sales Lead is responsible for supporting Retail Management in promoting a customer and product-focused sales culture, where our values and guiding principles are at the forefront of all store operations, including great customer experience and maximum profitability.
A Sales Lead should exude professionalism and be well versed in all aspects of running a successful brick and mortar store, including providing excellent customer service. Working closely with all retail team members to achieve but are not limited to, meeting sales expectations/goals, contributing ideas and best practices, and maintaining/monitoring Inventory levels.
Schedules will be created and reviewed by the Retail Store Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES – Customer Service
Responsible to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service
- Welcomes customers by greeting and interacting.
- Consults with customers to understand their individual needs and preferences related to Rookwood Merchandise.
- Demonstrates and explains merchandise and every piece’s story. Assists customers with selections and suggesting options suitable for the customer’s needs.
- Builds and maintains a solid customer following through clienteling.
- Ensures prompt resolution of customer concerns.
- Ensures a fast and efficient register experience, remaining current on policies regarding payments, coupon acceptance, returns and exchanges, security practices and other applicable operations.
Drive for Results
- Performs and oversees basic operational activities such as opening and closing duties, and merchandise flow processes.
- Maintains knowledge of current sales and promotions; presents and displays merchandise in accordance with current promotions and standards.
- Maintains standards in merchandise handling, presentation, loss prevention, and all other duties as directed by Management.
- romotes an inclusive, collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Communicates with store teams and Store Management to effectively lead positive change.
- Seeks personal developmental opportunities and readily solicits feedback to build leadership skill set.
- Identifies potential opportunities for improvement within store from inventory to personnel training/coaching/policies or goals to maximize productivity and morale.
- Works to deliver marketing programs and promotions to increase sales.
- Attends and participates in regular sales meetings and events with a positive attitude.
- Participates in Rookwood events and scheduled inventory times.
- Must be able to stand for long hours.
- Flexible schedule preferred, weekend availability required.
- Must be able to pick up and carry up to 35 pounds.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices.
- Working knowledge of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Track record of over-achieving sales quota.
- Reliable mode of transportation is required.
- High school degree required
Company is a drug-free workplace. A per-employment background check and drug screen may be required. We are an EEOA Employer. Veterans and minorities are encouraged to apply.
|||OTR Flagship- Downtown Cincinnati, OH|||Retail||||||p4OhzzlWhsTR~KuQ|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false